The parents and citizens' association (P&C) at Hoxton Park Public School is actively involved in a variety of school and community-based initiatives that benefit the school and wider community.
If you would like to be a part of the parents and citizens' association, please speak to our friendly reception staff for more information. You can also visit the Hoxton Park Public School parents and citizens' association facebook page.
The P&C association meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 7pm in the staff room. All are welcome.
For a better idea of what happens at our meetings, download our previous minutes from meetings in November 2017 (PDF 203KB) and February 2018 (PDF 148KB).
About parents and citizens' association federation
The federation of parents and citizens' associations of New South Wales is commonly known as "P&C federation". The P&C federation was established in 1922 and was incorporated in 1976 by an act of the New South Wales parliament. The federation:
- is committed to a free public education system which is open to all people irrespective of culture, gender, academic ability and socio-economic class.
- believes that students should be empowered to be contributing members of society.
- is committed to parents and carers and citizens being partners in the education process.
- works closely with the Department of Education and other educational stakeholder groups.
- represents the voice of parents through councillors and delegates.
- provides a range of services including public liability cover and insurances, resources and assistance to P&C associations.
- welcome membership from parents and citizens' associations in NSW public schools.